Senior Technical/Product Marketing Manager
CDSG is the go-to supplier of secure data storage SSDs and other data security products for the DoD and civilian government agencies. We are charting a new course and poised for explosive growth. As Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will play a strategic part in this pursuit.
While today we primarily generate revenue from SSDs and hardware components installed in PCs, workstations, and servers, our customer base is evolving to adopt seamless workflows across hardware and software, from the tactical edge to the data center. Understanding complete data security workflows is essential to our success.
In this role, you will help us better understand and engage with our customers, as well as guide campaigns to engage technically savvy audiences in the world of data/cybersecurity. You will know our competitive environment like the back of your hand. You will work with our sales team, OEM customers such as Dell and HP, system integrators, and end users to inform go-to-market strategies. You will be responsible for implementing tactics that generate awareness leading to revenue growth.
You also know our end user customers better than they know themselves, including how they recommend solutions and make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
With deep market and customer insight, you will also be instrumental in helping us shape our company to address new markets and be agile in our ability to meet customer demand.
You will be responsible for managing our product lifecycles, from ensuring that our products are properly priced and available in our various sales channels to working with operations, engineering, and sales to keep the right products current or shepherd them off of our price list.
This is a big, pivotal role. You will help bind our product strategy to successful go-to-market tactics to achieve the growth we are targeting.
Come help CDSG make the transition from component supplier to data and storage security thought leader.
- Developing marketing strategies for key technical products that are part of zero trust architectures for secure data storage.
- Understanding the data security landscape to ensure product and solution roadmaps
- Developing content that can be leveraged across multiple uses: papers, presentations, websites, webinars/events, advertising, etc.
- Researching, documenting, and promoting customer use cases, technology and solution advancements, and market trends.
- Establishing targeted customer and industry partnership networks.
- Using a variety of marketing communications vehicles to increase solution awareness and aid in sales efforts.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of your marketing programs and adapt for success.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Demonstrable experience in technical product marketing, especially in Federal government sectors.
- Demonstrable experience in content development to generate awareness with security-conscious Federal agency and DoD customers.
- Ability to develop strong customer relations and feedback channels.
- Advanced competency in researching market segments and technology trends.
- Ability to identify strategic industry partnerships and build effective networks.
- Proven marketing campaign development, execution, and measurement skills.
- Proficiency in martech skills and tools such as HubSpot, SEO, Google Analytics, and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing strategies as related to customer purchasing decisions and lead qualification.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Development, or similar. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Technical or Product Marketing Manager in a related industry, including customer or market-facing roles.
If you’d like to join our team, please send us your resume and cover letter via email and we’ll be in touch with you. Thank you!