For more information contact:
James Wiebe, President
8200 E. 34th Street North #1404
Wichita, KS 67226
316 744 8722 (main) 316 744 1398 (fax)
1-866-744-8722 (toll free)
WiebeTech announces new features for Forensic DriveDocks™
Wichita, KS — September 7, 2005 —
WiebeTech announces Forensic FireWire DriveDock+ and Forensic NoteBook DriveDock+, which present state-of-the art FireWire 400 write-bocked interfaces for data retrieval from suspect 3.5" IDE or 2.5" notebook drives. The products are expected to begin shipping Sept.19, 2005.
These new products add features perfectly suited for high-speed forensic analysis of data storage devices. Data can be read from drives without risk of writing data back to the drives.
"We've ported over the feature set of our newly revamped FireWire DriveDock+ª and Notebook DriveDock+™ to our Forensic product line," said James Wiebe, CEO of WiebeTech. "These products make a forensic investigator's job easier by providing vastly improved FireWire and power status monitoring, and by allowing the use of different kinds of available power."
The 3.5" version even allows the user to snake the IDE cable connector inside the computer, making it unnecessary to remove the drive to attach the DriveDock.
Features and Benefits
- Dual FireWire ports -- Allow daisy chaining
- Write-blocked -- Allows collection of evidence without risk of writing data back to drive
- Aluminum case -- Briefcase tough; excellent heat dissipation
- Small size -- Fits in a pocket
- +12V DC power input jack -- Allows powering using standard wall bricks (included)
- Disk drive power input jack -- Allows powering off of standard 4-pin drive power connectors such as found inside most computer systems
- +12V power input LED -- Identifies valid power input source on +12V input jack (useful for troubleshooting or for selecting power input source)
- Disk drive power input LED -- Identifies valid power input source on disk drive power input socket (useful for troubleshooting or for selecting power input source)
- +5V, +12V power output LEDs -- Verifies that power output to drive is operational (useful for troubleshooting)
- On / Off switch --Allows power up / down of drive without affecting host and allows drive swapping
- FireWire host detection LED -- Identifies valid FireWire host attachment (useful for troubleshooting)
- IDE Cable Connector (3.5" version only) --Supports attachment to drives inside of computers
- Oxford 911 bridge chip -- High performance and best compatibility; allows use of proven forensic firmware and total compatibility with most forensic analysis software
- Bus-Powering (Notebook only) -- Allows operation of 2.5" drives via FireWire bus power
- Rigid Baseplate (Notebook only) -- Allows easy alignment and attachment of 2.5" drives
Pricing and Availability
Forensic FireWire DriveDock+ (FODDP) is priced at $299.95. Forensic Notebook DriveDock+ (FONBP) is also priced at $299.95. Both products are expected to ship on September 19, 2005.
Complete information on WiebeTech forensic products can be viewed at http://forensics.wiebetech.com/.
Government customers may purchase from www.pcmallgov.com and www.lyme.com. Dealers may purchase WiebeTech products from WiebeTech's distributors, www.synnex.com or www.drbott.com. End users may purchase from www.pcmall.com, www.smalldog.com, www.pcconnection.com and www.cdw.com. All configurations are also available directly from www.wiebetech.com.
New Forensic FireWire DriveDock+ª and Forensic Notebook DriveDock+ª have new features such as LED indicators for power status.
WiebeTech LLC was founded in July 2000 by James Wiebe and has focused on marketing high performance, highly portable storage solutions for consumer and government markets.
Note: Forensic FireWire DriveDock+, Forensic Notebook DriveDock+, FireWire DriveDock+ and Notebook DriveDock+ are trademark of WiebeTech LLC. Other marks are trademarks of their respective owners. All specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.