For more information contact:
James Wiebe, President
8200 E. 34th Street North #1404
Wichita, KS 67226
316 744 8722 (main) 316 744 1398 (fax)
1-866-744-8722 (toll free)
WiebeTech Introduces Robotic Optical Disk Imager
Wichita, KS — January 10, 2006 —
WiebeTech has given computer forensic investigators another great tool to aid in the analysis of evidence. The CD/DVD Imager (patent pending) automatically images and archives CDs and DVDs to hard disk, takes a picture of each physical CD/DVD and stores it with the disk image.
"The CD/DVD imager will give investigators a more superior chain of evidence," said James Wiebe, president and CEO of WiebeTech LLC. "With the CD/DVD Imager, investigations can be performed more quickly, with greater evidence reliability, and with less expense."
The imaging is automatic. After the robot is loaded, it automatically images and archives CDs and DVDs to hard disk. A photo is taken of the physical CD or DVD by a camera mounted to the top of the robot, allowing easy matchup of the disk image with physical evidence.
Images made by the robot work easily with forensic software (EnCase, ILook or Forensic Toolkit), and the robot correctly handles some of the stranger disk formats such as open session and multi-session disks.
• Automatically images and archives CDs and DVDs to hard disk
• A photograph of the actual disk is taken and stored with the disk image
• Disk images ready for addition to EnCase, ILook, or Forensic Toolkit
• MD5 hashes ensure data on disk matches data copied
• Correctly handles data from ‘tricky' disks (such as open
session HFS, multi session)
• Robot interface: USB2
• Camera interface: USB2
• Power Supply: 100-240VAC (Auto Switching) 200 watts
• Disk Capacity: The input and output hopper can hold 25 disks. Hoppers may be reloaded while the unit is working for continuous workflow.
• Disk Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS, Linux disks
• Operating System: Linux
• Data Speeds: USB2 (480Mbps)
This product is priced at $2399.95 and will be available in second quarter of 2006. Order code: CDIMAGE-1
Complete information on the CD/DVD Imager can be viewed online. Patent pending.
Government customers are encouraged to purchase from www.pcmallgov.com and www.lyme.com. All products are directly available from www.wiebetech.com. All specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.
WiebeTech LLC was founded in July 2000 by James Wiebe and has focused on marketing high performance, highly portable storage solutions for consumer and government markets.