For more information contact:
James Wiebe, President
8200 E. 34th Street North #1404
Wichita, KS 67226
316 744 8722 (main) 316 744 1398 (fax)
1-866-744-8722 (toll free)
WiebeTech introduces new low-cost PCI/PCI-X expansion card with SATA ports
Wichita, KS — June 14, 2006 —
WiebeTech announces its new low-cost solution to add SATA connectivity to Macs or PCs with standard PCI/PCI-X expansion slots.
The new card is the first introduction of the TeraCard™ Series of host adapters from WiebeTech. This new adapter card has one external and one internal Serial ATA port to allow connection of SATA devices to a user's computer. In addition, it is bootable on Mac and hot swappable on both Mac and PC. The model of this new product is TCS1-1 and is priced at $59.95. It is in stock and available to order.
"Our customers have needed a good, inexpensive solution to attach our SATA products to their computer," said James Wiebe, president/CEO of WiebeTech. "We're pleased to now offer our new TCS1-1 card as the most simple PCI card available."
The TCS1-1 is compatible with all WiebeTech SATA products that do not require port-multiplying technology.
- Features of the new card include:
- Bootable on Mac
- Supports deep sleep on Mac OS
- Supports hot-swapping of drives
- 32 bit, 33/66MHz fully compliant PCI host interface
- Two brackets to support low profile PCI and regular size PCI in one card
- LBA supports smaller drives as well as drives larger than 137GB
- Supports spread spectrum in receiver
- Supports two independent SATA channels
- Compliant with PCI specification, revision 2.2
- Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows XP, 2K
Dealers may purchase WiebeTech products from synnex.com or drbott.com. End users may purchase from pcmall.com, macmall.com or pcconnection.com. Government customers are encouraged to purchase from pcmallgov.com and lyme.com. All products are available directly from WiebeTech at wiebetech.com.
WiebeTech LLC was founded in July 2000 by James Wiebe and has focused on marketing high performance, highly portable storage solutions for consumer and government markets.